This castle was built on a rocky promontory at the beginning of the 14th century either by Ernst (Arnošt) of Kaunitz, or Hroznata of Uzhitz. For more than two hundred years the castle was the seat of the Lords of Uzhitz, who were later renamed after their residence - the Lords of Talmberg. In 1390, the castle came into the possession of Divish (Diviš) of Talmberg. The same year, it was seized by Havel Medek of Valdek, who took Divish prisoner. Medek did not release Divish until 1397, when he was forced to do so by a decision of the provincial court. Only a ruin now remains of the castle in the midst of residential development.